UNNECESSARY THINGS was the winner of BEST SCI-FI FILM at the March 2022 FANTASY/SCI-FI Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
Since childhood, I have been fond of science fiction and, by virtue of my profession, I have always wanted to make films in this genre. Thanks to my friend who convinced me to apply for funding, my dream came true!
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
It took us 3 months to develop the idea and script and 9 months to produce
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
The biggest obstacle was time. Everyone wanted to see what would happen.)
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
it was incredibly interesting to listen to the impressions of people you didn’t know with their independent opinion) and of course it was a surprise)
Watch the Audience Feedback Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
It happened quietly and was like how I ended up in the delivery room next to my wife without even imagining that I would have to deliver my daughter and cut the umbilical cord). Everything happened organically and naturally)
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
I don’t have any special film. I perceive all films as different people. Every one is special. Even the worst.
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
It would be great to integrate communication between manufacturers and distributors or VOD platforms such as NETFLIX
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
It was quite convenient to register and saved a lot of time.
10. What is your favorite meal?
Ukrainian borscht and of course mango)
11. What is next for you? A new film?
Yes, 2 days before the start of the war, we applied for funding for another film in the science fiction genre, which was supposed to become part of the future fantastic almanac, which we were inspired by the wonderful almanac “Love. Death. Robots» And we still hope to realize this project, especially since we have everything ready for this and the script and storyboard and characters and technology. By the way, Unreal Engeene technology Now we are in search of funding and are ready for co-production