VERDURE PRO was the winner of BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY at the March 2022 COMEDY Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
At first, I wrote this film as a short theater piece. There is a theater company in Montreal that asks the public to write comedies for their shows and in that month, the theme was: Cinema. I was inspired and wrote a 13 pages scenario. I told myself that even if they do not select it, I am going to make a movie with it, no doubt. And they selected it. But two days before representations, it got canceled, because of a wild unknown virus named Covid. I was so sad. And I made the movie.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
As long as I remember, I noted 93 hours of montage + more than a hundred hours for everything else. It was a very long process, but today, I am happy with what has been done!
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Time on set. The studio cost me an amount having 4 numbers in it and I could not come back the next day and double pay. We had to do this in one day. I arrived at 7 am and left at 2 am.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
It warmed my heart and I couldn’t avoid smiling. It was a new experience and I found it very pleasant hearing the crowd sharing their appreciation about the movie.
Watch the Audience Feedback Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
I started as a comedian And I remember being on set, curious about everything that was going on around me, behind the camera. It was fascinating and I knew I had so many things to say that I could not explain with words, but with a scenario, a camera and my heart on the table. Cinema was a perfect way to share my thoughts with you guys. Cinema is an art of feelings, emotions.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
I admit I am not a fan of watching the same movie again and again, but the Titanic does not get old.
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
Honestly, you did way more than any festival I have seen until now. If I have to think about what could be even better, it would be pretty cool to create an event for the directors and the team, with professionals of the industry. Like a happy hour to talk with them.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
My experience is pretty good so far, it’s a friendly user and easy working platform. I heard so many times that Filmfreeway was the best place to share our movies, so I tried it and BOOM! What’s happening to this movie now is so fantastic.
10. What is your favorite meal?
I like moldy cheese, especially if there is pickle juice on it.
11. What is next for you? A new film?
I am always thinking of a potential new film. I just finished the production of my next movie and now is the time to make the best video montage I could.