ANYWAY was the winner of Best Cinematography at the Style, Fashion, Experimental Festival Feb. 2022.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
My desire It was to shoot in Florence, giving an unprecedented vision of my city.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
I was thinking for my concept for about 7 months it´s not easy since my ideas was constantly change because I have the opportunity to pick many different location, and been here it’s like if you are inside a Museum of art, the rest you need just direct the film according to your vision.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
Journey between the unconscious and reality
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
It’s not easy filming in such a city like Florence since its difficult to get the right permission to shoot therefore for me it was exciting and a challenging to make this film.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
Satisfaction, because the film was analyzed in its complexity, the intentions were understood and described with sensitivity and competence. It was exciting and I am grateful to be able to show it to my collaborators and with all the people worked in this project.
Watch the Audience Feedback Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
In 2017. After 30 years of photography I realized I wanted to experiment with a new form of expression. My photography gave me all, and I need to make something that to be inside the world of film, even if from me to move form photography to movies, the process its was not so difficult in the end..
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
Greater communication between festivals would be desirable and a sponsorship of capable directors. It happened to me to receive important awards in an event for a film and to see even the only registration refused in many others, including in my Country, as for example the city of Florence they do not even know we did this film for the city too. That festival permit me to show to world about the culture and the beauty, and most important, Florence and the city
around are the places of Leonardo Da Vinci, Michelangelo, Raffaello, Galileo, Dante Alighieri and much more…
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
It was a good experience that I will never forget it give me the opportunity to dream on still to make always better as film Director.
10. What is your favorite meal?
I like fish a lot, but Pasta too cannot get wrong
11. What is next for you? A new film?
I’m working on a docufilm now, and 2 new short films and I’m planning a feature film that we are about to finish the Script coming soon..