DOMESTIC BLISS was the winner of Best Cinematography at the Feb. 2022 Romance & Relationships Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
Primarily it was the lockdown. We usually do live immersive horror, and our show was postponed due to the pandemic. We have always wanted to focus on a film. It was natural for me to do one on relationships. I wanted to explore someone who felt subjugated and powerful simultaneously.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
18 months, and I would say 10 months of that was creating the story, writing, editing, and building the set.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
I think post-production was the most difficult for us.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
We were quite moved and felt validated that the audience saw and felt what we intended them to.
Watch the Audience Feedback Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
I always knew I wanted to tell stories ever since I was young. Stories for me were always visual. Art and Filmmaking are very natural mediums for me.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
A close tie between Harold and Maude and Office Space
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
We honestly loved the feedback from the audience. Perhaps it could be interactive.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
We like the one-stop-shopping FilmFreeway provides.
10. What is your favorite meal?
11. What is next for you? A new film?
We just finished the script for the next chapter of Domestic Bliss. Audrey wants a baby. We have plans to shoot in towards the end of this year. We are also working on our next immersive show for this Halloween 2022.