ENDLESS SUMMER was awarded Best Direction at the Style, Fashion, Experimental Festival Feb. 2022.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
Coming out of a dreary cold lock down in the Netherlands lasting from December 2020 to February 2021 I needed to make something creative again and something fun. I contact Helene Klein who is the designer of this awesome colourful jewelry collection and asked to collaborate.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
So first I had a different idea with horse archers but that quickly went over budget so we cancelled that. I immediately switched to the endless summer idea which also was the working title. I contacted Studio HEEY in march and we filmed it in June finishing the edit in August.
It’s a short film so the pacing has to be perfect. It should leave you wanting more not bored.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
The Weather. You can see all the lovely clouds during the skate scene in the background, those turned to rain at the end of the day. So we had to shoot fast and loose.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
You made us blush with the audience commentary, so nice!
Watch the Audience Feedback Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
Watching films with my parents every Saturday from the age of 8
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
That’s probably Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
Q&A’s are kind of nerve wrecking but often great.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
10. What is your favorite meal?
Pizza and anyone who tells you differently is a narc.
11. What is next for you? A new film?
Yes, start of 2022 I am shooting a new fashion film and planning several others for the rest of the year. I hope to complete 3 this year.