ELECTED GIRL was awarded Best Sound & Music at the POLITICAL Feedback Film Festival February 2022.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
…The political circus of the Trump administration was crazy enough, and then along came Covid. Things went nonlinear. Though I originally was going to call the song “Electric Girl”, with the song and video being about some kind of robot story, the “Elected” theme turned out to be too irresistible. Just too many ripe political memes and puns lying around for the taking.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
…I am guessing a few hundred hours over about a year.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
…The last two words of the song… “happen here”.
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
…Lack of experience.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
…I felt rather honored. Very interesting comments.
Watch the Audience Feedback Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
…A few years ago I made some simple lyric videos for other artist’s songs. The more I did it the more I liked doing it.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
…Some songwriting contests offer a very simple feedback form for every entry. Just some checkboxes for things that prevented the project from making the cut. Like “sound was unclear” or “ragged cuts at the edits”. I think it would be very popular to entrants.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
…FilmFreeway is great. Reliable and a very user friendly process for managing entries.
10. What is your favorite meal?
…Chile rellenos with cheese enchilada.
11. What is next for you? A new film?
…Another lyric video most likely.