MY LOVE played to rave reviews at the November 2021 UNDER 5 MINUTE FILM FESTIVAL.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
I’m a big fan of Les Brown who has a saying, which the short version is, “Don’t take your dreams and ideas to your grave, they are given to you to bring to life and share to the world.”
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
I first wrote this film in 2016 but many things got in the way until 2021 it was made and shown to the world.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
People. Sometimes it takes meeting the right people, to help you on your journey and it took a long time until I met the team at Four of Wands Productions to help me get my film made.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I’m not the most emotional person, but when I watched these peoples feedback it really did lift my spirits, knowing that I am on the right track when it comes to making films.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
I first thought I would see what it is like to be in films, by working as an extra on Snow White and the Huntsman and since that day I feel in love with it, in all aspects behind and in front of camera.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
It probably has to be Home Alone 1 & 2 because no matter how many time you watch it, it still makes me laugh.
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
Investment can be one of the most challenging aspects of getting a film made. If it would be possible, maybe the winners of festivals could be put forward to pitch their next project to investors that have been organised by the festivals.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
Colette Brown my producer submitted the film via Film freeway which she found to be a very user friendly platform when selecting suitable festivals – yours being one of them! This experience so far has been extremely positive.
10. What is your favorite meal?
That’s a tough one to answer, but I’m a big fan of stir-fry, but they have to have chilli as I like spicy food.
11. What is next for you? A new film?
I have many films that I have already written and many more in the pipeline which I aim to be distributed around the world. Our next film is called the Smash N Grabbers, which you will not want to miss!