THE WIND AND THE KITE was the winner of BEST FILM at the November 2021 STYLE, FASHION & EXPERIMENTAL Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
I had met Keely and Bronte working on another project for someone, and I just really wanted us to make something together, so I pitched this super rough idea. They both agreed to shape the idea, and so we went to work!
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
It took us about a year and a half, we both teach, so once we formulated the idea, we had to find the time to make it.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Time, shooting at the time of day we wanted to shoot at, presented the challenge of only being able to shoot for
a few hours, so we had to act quickly.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I loved hearing their responses, when you make films that are more ambiguous, you as the maker completely understand
what the film is about, but you are aware you are not telling the audience everything, so it was exciting to see what they pulled from it.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
When Keely and Bronte and I were traveling across the country working on another project.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Probably THERE WILL BE BLOOD, I watch it often.
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
I thought getting feedback was really great, since we are in this COVID Era it was nice to be able to hear from audiences.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
I use Filmfreeway a lot, it’s a good site for submitting films to festivals.
10. What is your favorite meal?
11. What is next for you? A new film?
Working on a script currently, and Keely and I are sketching out the next film together!