CARLOTA played to rave reviews at the December 2021 FEMALE Filmmakers Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
My urge to become a director. Ever since I got into the film industry as an Art Director what I really wanted was to be a director but I didn’t believe enough in myself to do so, until now that I finally took that necessary leap of faith required specially when you shoot your first project.
First you have to believe in yourself to have others believe in you. It takes lots of faith from you and others to make a project happen.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
Ten months: from august 2020 to may 2021.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
Joy and freedom.
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
When the actress called off on us two days before shooting and we had to find another one to replace her at the last minute. Despite my nervous breakdown, it was definitely for the best.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
My main reaction was as if I were receiving a powerful fuel of faith to keep on filming.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
As soon as I realized I could not decide which artistic field I wanted to pursue. I wanted to become a writer, a musician, a photographer, a painter. By becoming a filmmaker you can become all.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
“Todo Sobre Mi Madre” by Pedro Almodóvar.
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
I couldn´t be more thankful to ask you more. So far, you have been the most caring festival of all. You are the first to show true care for the projects other than only having filled your screening line up.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
Great! It is organized, logical, clear and legible.
10. What is your favorite meal?
Carlota! (Lime charlotte!)
11. What is next for you? A new film?
I just directed a videoclip in which Carlos Cortés (Oscar winner 2021 for The Sound of Metal) is working on the sound design. It will come out in a few days.
In the meantime I am as well editing my next short film “Hola, Farewell”, a fantasy story about sirens and sailors. I will be glad to send it to you as soon as it gets through post-production.