PATRICIA’S ADDICTION was the winner of BEST FILM at the December 2021 COMEDY Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
This happened quick. I didn’t get a chance to plan out too much. The budget didn’t come in for a film I was going to shoot and I had already hired everyone and I couldn’t shift the dates or the crew, so I decided that I’d scrap the film I was working on totally and just have fun. But I had to have fun and send a message I thought needed to be heard and so Patricia’s Addiction came to life.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
Total 1 year. Writing, pre production, and principal 28 days. Post production 11 months. Took me a while.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Post production. We had 5 cameras rolling so a lot of footage to go through. I had also never used after effects before and I had limited experience with pro tools for the sound design. I wasn’t going into post production blind, but definitely had a not too transparent blindfold on. I also came up with like a million pages of commentary for the social media roll. I had to come up with different screen names and personalities for the scroll pretty quick and I had no idea if it was even funny or made sense. I had to move on quick so I just brushed it off as, “they probably wont read it anyway”, but I’m glad to see that it was appreciated.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I was just smiling and laughing. I’m so happy everyone sees the real hard work we all put into this and everyone is acknowledging the humor and the real message. Very good to hear. I couldn’t do anything but smile and laugh.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
I suppose it was in me all along, but it was brought to light only when I started school. The very first minute of the very first class, I realized this was it. I wanted to make movies and I wanted them done my way.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Snatch. by Guy Ritchie is probably a safe bet.
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
Definitely keep the feedback video. That’s of great help.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
It was tremendously easy.
10. What is your favorite meal?
A well crafted burger and fries.
11. What is next for you? A new film?
Writing something short right now. Then I’ll produce and shoot it. I’m finishing up a feature (not comedy) and I’m outlining another feature that I’ll be writing, producing and directing myself again.