A LOVE LETTER TO FILM was the winner of BEST FILM at the November 2021 UNDER 5 Minute Film Festival.
What motivated you to make this film?
I made this film as my final project for film school so you could say that my real motivation was I wanted to make something for me for once and not a professor or client.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
Just about a month.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
My largest obstacle was likely just being the one in front of the camera for once and also a few shots towards the end where you see me on screen I lip synced the VO so I didn’t loose any quality in audio throughout the film.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I couldn’t stop grinning, that fact people actually related with it meant so much.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
I talk about it in my Film, I was always into movies but bounced around passions until I found my true love of film, but it really all started about five years ago when I stole my brothers go pro for a ski trip with some buddies, I edited a short cringy edit of that weekend and was hooked.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Honestly it hurts me to say this but as a young teen I had a small tv in my room that had a DVD player built in and I would watch Cheaper By The Dozen every single night for years!
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
I think you guys do a fantastic job!
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
I’m new to the site in the last few months but have loved the experience so far and would recommend it to any other filmmaker.
10. What is your favorite meal?
Cant beat some spicy as hell chicken wings and a freezing cold IPA.
11. What is next for you? A new film?
Now that I’m finished film school I’m just looking to find experience in the industry in any form possible but have some ideas burning in my brain for films and stories to come.