NEVER LAND was the winner of BEST STUDENT FILM at the November 2021 Student Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
I have interested in tweaking classic stories. Not too much but just one step further. For this story, I realized that the original Peter actually never killed anyone. So I was curious that if the young supernatural character kill somebody, can he handle the stress.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
I am a father and full time employee. So I only can spend a couple of hours per one day. Totall approximately nine month.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Delivering story and emotion at the same time was the biggest challenge.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I was surprised that people read my mind very accurately!!
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
I have always wanted to make films. The problem was when i am ready to make films
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
The Matrix trilogy and ani matrix
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
It would be amazing if we can do offline event. I want to meet everyone in person! Maybe after Covid. :((
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
Very handy. But sometimes filmfreeway status not updated for a while.
10. What is your favorite meal?
InNOut double double with grilled onion. I love LA
11. What is next for you? A new film?
My first film was a tragedy. I want to make a comedy next time.