MIST AND BLOOD was the winner of BEST FILM at the October 2021 THRILLER/SUSPENSE Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
I’ve always made films with special effects. I wanted to do a different project with one objective, to write a story for the actors, without green screen and without explosions. 😉
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
From writing to color-grading, there were six months of work, six months of pure happiness!
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
Thriller and twist.
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
The greatest difficulty was the light and the reflections in the windows because the set was entirely glazed. Erwan, the cinematographer, did a remarkable job.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
As I explained on FilmFreeway, this is the first time that I’m confronted with comments from audience. It’s both rewarding but also very intimidating. I thank the festival for giving us this opportunity but also all the people who said such nice things about my film.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
It was when I saw Indiana Jones that I wanted to make films. I’m a big fan of cinema in the 1980s, Spielberg, Zemeckis, Lucas… They knew how to keep a child’s soul. They knew how to make me dream.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Jaws… I think I know all the scenes and dialogues including the famous “You’re Gonna Need a Bigger Boat” 😉
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
The most important thing when we try to do this job is to have contacts with film or television professionals, to be able to show them our work. Especially when you live in Europe and you want to make thrillers or action films. I think that’s the most important thing we can wish for!
9. What is your favorite meal?
As I am French and I live next to Cannes and its festival, I love the cuisine of the south which is based on olive oil. Pan Bagna, Ratatouille, Socca, salads but also fish and red wine.
10. What is next for you? A new film?
I’m working on the script for my first feature film called The Eternal. A beautiful true story with suspense, twists and a bit of supernatural. I’m really looking forward to it. I’m also working on the development of a TV series.