WAKE UP LITTLE GIRL was the winner of BEST PERFORMANCES at the October 2021 THRILLER/SUSPENSE Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
I direct commercials, and it had been a really long time since I made anything just for the sake of making it. Commercials are fun, but they’re not truly art IMHO. Also, my twin girls had asked me a few times to put them in something. So while in lockdown, we channeled our energy on a short film.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
About 2 months.
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
My daughters bed times. They got tired quick.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
Joy. I was all smiles. It so helpful and encouraging to hear strangers talk about the work. I found it very motivating.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
Ever since my mother made a 8 mm monster movie with me, my brother and sister in our Halloween costumes. I was 8.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Tough question. Maybe Raiders of the Lost Ark.
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
I loved the video you made. I was a complete surprise. For me, I just want people to see the work, and I want to do more. I love the encouragement and feedback. Makes me super happy.
9. What is your favorite meal?
Another tough question. I love food. A free one?
10. What is next for you? A new film?
I hope it is a film titled “Sunflower” . It’s a feature and we’re close to getting if off the ground. If you can help, I’ll take it. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11390802/
I am also writing another short that I hope to shoot sometime in November.
Other than that, it’s back to commercial work!