TERATOMA was the winner of BEST FILM at the October 2021 HORROR Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
The idea is quite simple. It is my fear of maturing, of not being prepared to take the next step, the fear of the obligations that one has to accept when he is no longer responsible for himself. All this within the current context that I have to live in, a country that comes from two economic crises where young people cannot have emotional and economic stability that allows them to prosper.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
From the beginning with the development of the idea, until the final export of the copy, about seven months.
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
Pleasure and pain.
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Raising the money so that all departments had the necessary tools to carry out their work.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
Much satisfaction, since we have managed to convey to the audience just what we wanted.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
When I saw Scream as a kid. That’s when I realized how much fun storytelling can be.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
The thing would be between Scream and Halloween. They are movies that I review several times a year.
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
It’s complicated. On a personal level I would like to know why when I am not selected in a festival. Not because I think I deserve to be in all the festivals, but to understand well how the circuit works, and what things to improve in my next works so that they are more accessible to the public.
9. What is your favorite meal?
Definitely the pizza.
10. What is next for you? A new film?
Keep working and learning. I am still young and I have a lot to learn. I have a project that I would like to shoot at the beginning of next year, and also continue to write, work with actors, and enjoy the fun of this profession.