PAINT ON PAINT #4 played to rave reviews at the September 2021 EXPERIMENTAL Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
– This film is part of a series named “Paint On Paint # 1-8”. What motivated me first was the experimentation with animation regarding different digital brushes and inks. In Paint On Paint # 4 what motivated me most was to work with many frames per second, almost always 20 fps.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
It took about 2 months, working full-time.
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Working with many frames per second and drawing a lot!
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
It was very interesting and all reactions correspond to my initial intentions with the film. It was great and moving.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
When I watched for the first time Jean Luc Godard films (when I was about seventeen).
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Smoking/No Smoking by Alain Resnais.
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway, what are you feelings of the submission platform from a filmmaker’s perspective?
FilmFreeway is the best platform for submitting films to festivals ever! It makes everything much easier.
9. What is your favorite meal?
10. What is next for you? A new film?
I’m finishing Paint On Paint # 8 and this experimental animation series. I will work next on a soundart project.