99 PROBLEMS played to rave reviews at the August 2021 SCI-FI/FANTASY Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
I’m always thinking about something Twilight Zoneish and I sat with the producer Tori London and we developed the story in the afternoon. That evening I wrote the script.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this short?
The script was written in one night. Then putting a team together was the next step. However, the film was shot right in the middle of Covid prior to anyone getting vaccines. No one got sick!!
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
We filmed during Covid!
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
Extremely proud of my cast and crew. I was so thankful for sending my film into this festival.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
When I was 11 years old.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Too many to mention as I study some for structure, content, framing, lighting, sound and more.
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway, what are you feelings of the submission platform from a filmmaker’s perspective?
I have been a patron of Filmfreeway for some time now. And I investigate each festival that fits for our film. Early on there wasn’t a filmmaker’s review of the festivals, so other filmmakers who were up and coming had not idea. Now, there is an opportunity to inform other filmmakers.
9. What is your favorite meal?
One that I can share with friends!
10. What is next for you? A new film?
I have a new feature film in the works and 99 PROBLEMS is being looked at for a feature with a major studio.