“We Will Kaleid – Revoke” played to rave reviews at the August 2021 MUSIC Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
We got new hardware in the lockdown and worked on it for the first time with three people. The two colleagues Phaidonas and Nathan work with PC and Blender, I worked for a long time on the Mac with cinema 4d. Mainly we wanted to try out our new toys. The video is made with the real-time renderer EEVEE. Then three of us worked on it via zoom. The workflow worked surprisingly well.
2. How long did it take from the idea to the finished product to be so short?
We worked on it for about 4 months in total.
3. How would you describe your short film in two words !?
It’s about feeling a feeling of disembodiment and getting a mixture between static and dynamic experience.
A development like a journey. The video was also made for the internet and it was important to keep the pull of the film.
4. What was the biggest obstacle for you in making this film?
Time and money are always the main problems.
5. What was your first reaction when you watched the audience talk about your film in the feedback video?
We were very happy to be part of the audience. Since a lot only happens online at the moment, mostly only smileys or likes are what you get back from the audience. It’s very reduced and abstract. So it was very nice to see the people and emotions.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. When did you realize you wanted to make films?
That is still not very clear to me today 🙂 Personally, I am mainly a visual person. That means I also use a few other art forms. E.g. watercolors or drawings.
7. Which movie have you seen most often in your life?
I think the Alien films have shaped me a lot. As a teenager I had an HR GIGER art print calendar.
8. You submitted your application to the festival via FilmFreeway, what do you think of the submission platform from a filmmaker’s point of view?
The platform is nice and simple and practical, but a bit expensive.
9. What is your favorite food?
Pasta with cheese. There is even a picture of me, which is called that.
10. What’s next for you? A new movie?
First of all, I will work on my thesis. Before that there is a music video with the group and one alone. I now have a small set of equipment for real film. Take a look.