1. What is your short story about?
A driven, successful record company executive had it all, or so she thought. It took being ousted from the company she built and 200 community service hours at a children’s home to reveal what was missing.
2. What genre(s) would you say this story is in?
3. How would you describe this story in two words?
4. What movie have you seen the most in your life?
5. Do you remember the time in your life when you realized that you wanted to write?
Even before I could write I loved making up stories.
Today, I favor writing fiction, because, well… I still love making up stories.
6. Do you have an all-time favorite novel?
Can’t say that I do.
7. What is your favorite meal?
Any kind of seafood.
8. If you could have dinner with one person (dead or alive), who would that be?
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
My husband, Bible study, visits or meals with family and friends, cooking, flying kites, exercise, children, growing butterflies, Charlie Brown and the beach any time for any reason.
10. Any advice or tips you’d like to pass on to other writers?
Take classes, seminars, never stop learning and growing.
The best written piece is a re-written piece. Hone, hone and hone some more.
Watch the Story Reading:
Performed by Val Cole
Casey Alliston thought she had it all. Or did she? It took being forced to step down from the company she built and two hundred community service hours at a children’s home to discover what she was missing.