1. What is your short story about?
Inside Show Business is about what it’s like to be a tiny cog in the entertainment industry and how its fairy dust
is haphazardly sprinkled.
2. What genre(s) would you say this story is in?
It is essentially a comedy.
3. How would you describe this story in two words?
4. What movie have you seen the most in your life?
All About Eve, of course!
5. Do you remember the time in your life when you realized that you wanted to write?
I realized I wanted to write when I was about nine years old. I would write and illustrate my own fairy
tales and tuck them into library books I was returning, hoping I would get discovered.
6. Do you have an all-time favorite novel?
I can only narrow it down to three favorite novels: White Noise by Don De Lillo, Blindness by Jose Saramago and Ladies Man by Richard Price.
7. What is your favorite meal?
My favorite meal is Salmon with Risotto and sauteed spinach.
8. If you could have dinner with one person (dead or alive), who would that be?
The person I would most want to have dinner with is the poet Edward Field, who is my mentor and oldest friend.
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
I am passionate about environmental issues and social justice.
10. Any advice or tips you’d like to pass on to other writers?
Advice to writers: If you think it, don’t question it, write it down–that’s your job.
Watch the Short Story Reading:
Performed by Allan Michael Brunet