1. What is your TV pilot about?”
“Marty’s World” is a satirical take on reality TV. A talented animation screenwriter falls downstairs and is a long-term coma. His wife creates a reality TV show based on his condition. His rich subconscious is populated by cartoon characters who play counterpoint to the show around him.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
3. Why should this pilot script be made into a series?
It’s timely and very funny. There are many hilarious stories to be told. combed from the reality TV universe.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
I could watch Robin Hood with Erroll Flynn until the cows come home. I’ve always liked swashbucklers.
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
This script took a couple of months. I wanted to do something animated and on reality TV. Marty’s World evolved from this kernel.
7. How many stories have you written?
Between screenplays and pilots, I have in the high teens. I don’t keep count. I just write.
8. What is your favorite song?
“Dance me to the end of Love” by Leonard Cohen.
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this script?
No obvious impediments. You have to have the discipline to move forward.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
I’m passionate about travel. I’m ready to go at the drop of a hat. I’m presently living in Oaxaca, Mexico. I’m essentially a digital nomad. Travel is the greatest experience a writer can have to create their stories. You have to step out of your comfort zone.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
I’ve submitted through Film Freeway for several years. My screenplays and have received international acclaim. I have nearly 140 Official Selections and awards from around the globe. Film Freeway is the only way to submit as far as I’m concerned.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival?
The festival did a reading of another script which I was very happy with. It was an easy choice to make. Wildsound does a great job.
13.. Do you have representation?
Serious, producers should contact my agent Alexandra Maramenides. . email@example.com
Watch the TV PILOT Reading of MARTY’S WORLD:
Narrator: Shawn Devlin
Max/Cooper: Steve Rizzo
SLY/Marty: Geoff Mays
LOLA/Candace: Elizabeth Rose Morriss
Doctor Ross: Sean Ballantyne
Melissa: Kyana Teresa
Carmen: Allison Kampf