A SPARK OF LIFE was the winner of BEST DIRECTION at the May 2021 FEMALE Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
My friendship to the characters and because I felt very affected by the tragic accident.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this short?
It took me about three months.
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
Emotional and mystical.
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
I had to adjust to the health of Alex (who was still hospitalized during Covid). And since I needed to shoot on the golden hours it was a bit challenging.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I felt thrilled and so touched.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
Couple of years ago.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
The Never Ending Story
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway, what are you feelings of the submission platform from a filmmaker’s perspective?
It’s easy and reliable
9. What is your favorite meal?
Maureen’s meal (the character who plays her role in the film).
10. What is next for you? A new film?
When creativity surges again. I let life inspire me.