1. What is your screenplay about?
GRID is the story of an altruistic engineer turned fugitive who seeks revenge after being framed for the destruction of the global power grid he helped create. At its core it deals with the issues of mankind’s increasingly intertwining relationship with technology, coupled with the pangs of betrayal.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
The overall themes and topics covered in GRID could not be more timely, as we’ve just seen the devastation one state can undergo without power for one week. Just imagine that on a global scale. Also, the characters and their difficult choices are all extremely relatable to a wide perspective.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
The Prestige (or possibly Tommy Boy)
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
7. How many stories have you written?
Over fifty screenplays (roughly half of them features), self-published several short stories and collections, and one novel.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
Only by technicality- “More Human Than Human” by White Zombie (or “Zombie” by The Cranberries)
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
Many, many rounds of competitions, finals, notes, coverage, revisions, several of my dad’s surgeries, a major break up, a pandemic and the cherry on top (so far) was the Texas Snowpocolypse of 2021. Other than that…
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Music, film, art, audio engineering, physical health, travel, knowledge, self-improvement.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
FilmFreeway has always provided excellent service(s).
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
The included feedback was key, and was honestly some of the best and thorough feedback I’ve ever received.
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
An altruistic engineer becomes a fugitive when he’s accused of sabotaging the global power grid he helped create.
Narrator: Steve Rizzo
Niles: Geoff Mays