1. What is your screenplay about?
My screenplays about 2 people living separate lives who have an affair where they meet in the same hotel room, room 2A.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
It should be made because I was trying to push the boundaries of the genre so hopefully we can see something new.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
Probably the lord of the rings. I saw that film as a child and made me want to make films, since then I’ve seen it millions of times like the other day.
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
I’ve been working on this screenplay for about a year.
7. How many stories have you written?
I’ve been writing since middle school but this is my 2nd short and I’ve written about 4-5 shorts.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
“Gentle on my mind” by Glen Campbell
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
To create that romantic world where the characters inhabit. That tone, the atmosphere, that feeling of a yearning for more, to keep that vision all the way through has been the biggest obstacle.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Directing, I would like to direct not just write at some point.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
Film freeway has been perfect. Couldn’t ask for a better platform.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
I felt that the first scene of my screenplay was rather strong or eye catching so I thought it would be a perfect fit. My feelings on the feedback was that it was just enough praise and just enough critic so I can really learn and grow as a writer.
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
A Man and a Woman have an affair in hotel room 2A in this award winning romantic dramedy.
Narrator: Julie Sheppard
Selena: Hannah Ehman
Eliot: Bill Poulin