COVID BACH played to rave reviews at the January 2021 Female Filmmakers Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
The Covid pandemic, of course, and the Bach interpretation by Andras Schiff.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this short?
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
There were no obstacles. It was such a joy to make.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I loved that they responded to the music and that they saw personal meaning in the imagery.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. How did you come up with the idea for this short film?
I saw Andras Schiff perform the Well-Tempered Clavier on You Tube so I ordered the complete set of cd’s knowing that I would make a film called Covid Bach. This was the beginning of the pandemic and we were bombarded with so much scary news. To me, the exponential growth of the virus reflected the growth of the musical notes which start simple and then explode.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
The Glass Menagerie with Katharine Hepburn.
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway, what are your feelings of the submission platform from a filmmaker’s perspective?
FilmFreeway is the best! It makes it so easy and economical to get your film promoted and out there.
9. What song have you listened to the most times in your life?
Louisiana 1927 by Randy Newman
10. What is next for you? A new film?
I have just completed a short live action screenplay ( about 10 minutes ) called Very Convincing. The script has already been accepted in a festival so that gives me encouragement to produce it. ( once the pandemic is over).