WHISPER was the winner of BEST SOUND & MUSIC at the January 2020 Dance & Music Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
As you know It is my MA diploma project.
I had chosen to tell the story I have been through. Story I lived, felt, experienced. I could close my eyes and see it vividly feel the light, taste of sugar bread, ambient sound, recall the smell of that house we were living in.
And in another hand it was my dedication to my grandmother, she had Alzheimer’s disease for more than 7 years, disease completely vanished from her memory. Somwhere unconsciously, I have kept special moments of ours and remembered them for both of us.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this short?
This movie was made on the enthusiasm of each person you can read in credits. It took almost a year to finish it. Post-production took a bit longer than pre or production itself.
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
Power of whisper
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
It was very difficult to adapt the Georgian story of 90th in nowadays Hungry. As soon as Adam came on board, obstacles become much easier to overcome.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I cried, it’s the first movie I have made as a Scriptwriter /Director/Cinematographer. 1st ever I have sent to festivals. It made me cry to see and hear the audience feedbacks where everybody could read the message could feel and see things through.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. How did you come up with the idea for this short film?
The idea came from one of the long talks we use to have, with my dearest friend Lamis my classmate cinematographer also Gaffer of Whisper, when the deadline to pitch for our diploma project was approaching.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Home Alone. I watch it every new year.👀
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway, what are you feelings of the submission platform from a filmmaker’s perspective?
It is well builder user-friendly and filmmakers-friendly platform.
9. What song have you listened to the most times in your life?
Yann Tiersen – Comptine d’un autre été
I just love it.
10. What is next for you? A new film?
Collect more feelings, emotions, experiences realize and analyze them, put them together, and tell a new story someday.