Matthew Toffolo: What is your screenplay about?
J. L. Paxxiel: It’s the parallel life of Trevor Noah within our multiverse and creatively weave things Trevor Noah has said in his podcast, TV show, book, and comedy tours. It touches on diversity and shows the power of a family working together. They are a quirky and dysfunctional family that doesn’t always get along but it takes a village to raise a child -an alien child at that- so they pull together.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
The entire series is 462 pages and 14 episodes, so I’m not sure it could be a short movie. The first four episodes could work as a movie.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
Trevor Noah or Alien and Earthlings
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
Huckleberry Finn with Elijah Wood
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
Since October of 2019.
7. How many stories have you written?
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the
most times in your life?)
Don’t listen to music.
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
Structure and giving Travis a proper story arc in season 2.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Being of service to the spiritual community.
11. You entered your screenplay via Coverfly. What has been your
experiences working with the submission platform site?
I LOVE Coverfly. It’s easy.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings
on the initial feedback you received?
I went to your website and watched the actors reading scripts. I thought it would be a fun way to improve. I was and am happy with the feedback.
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
A famous political commentator discovers his loving wife has a secret that will turn his life upside down.
Narrator: Allison Kampf
Ron Stewie/Male Voice (M): Allan Michael Brunet
Travis Noory (M): Geoff Mays
Don/Someone (M): Shawn Devlin
Reblogged this on WILDsound Festival.