PLAY was the winner of BEST SOUND & MUSIC at the July 2020 DRAMA Feedback Film Festival.
Matthew Toffolo: What motivated you to make this film?
Piotr Sulkowski: I would like to connect with my subconsciousness
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this short?
About two years I suppose
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Camera movements. The master shots I came up with were difficult to achieve.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
Sometimes people don’t understand, but this film is for me like an experimental poem. The most important in this project was to be honest with myself. Feelings even if You touch mystery…
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. How did you come up with the idea for this short film?
I was waiting for it… writing a lot of notes… allowed myself to be lost and digging deeper and deeper… and after one night It just revealed to me. I saw it in my head almost like in cinema
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
“8 and 1/2” by Federico Fellini
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway, what are you feelings of the submission platform from a filmmaker’s perspective?
Like in Tina Turner song “Simply the best”
9. What song have you listened to the most times in your life?
My favourite music group is “Morphine” I also like music from Sorrentino movies… and also old polish stuff like “Kryzys” and “Świetliki”
10. What is next for you? A new film?
Yes, feature movie is one of my biggest goal… But I dream about writing with somebody with I can share my soul and work