FEAST played to rave reviews at the May 2020 Under 5 Minute Film Festival.
Matthew Toffolo: What motivated you to make this film?
Vevek Paul: I cross this road everyday looking at these children their carefree attitude and appreciation for whatever little they have inspired me that motivated me to capture it in a film.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this short?
I made this movie quickly in 3 days
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
Ironical and thought provoking
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Well not much but the fascinating part was I did not understand their language.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
It is very fascinating to see the reactions of people. It gives you various perspectives, and a major boost as a story teller.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
FEAST Short Film, Audience FEEDBACK from Smartphone Film Festival, Sept. 2019
6. How did you come up with the idea for this short film?
I cross this road everyday looking at these children their carefree attitude and appreciation for whatever little they have inspired me that motivated me to capture it in a film.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
I have grown up watching a lot of Indian Bollywood films through my childhood and as we grew up a lot of Hollywood films have been added to the list.
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway, what are you feelings of the submission platform from a filmmaker’s perspective?
I feel these platforms are good and much required as it provides a much needed validation to the film maker and it crosses boundaries.
9. What song have you listened to the most times in your life?
Mostly Bollywood Hindi songs
10. What is next for you? A new film?
Yes I have made many projects for TV , and also films on a mobile, short films and a feature film after making feast .