Matthew Toffolo: What is your screenplay about?
Robert Tartell : Cleopatra’s Revenge was really based on a true story. “Ross” and I really did see something sticking out the side of my house and it did vanish from his grasp- to this day I don’t know if Pam really saw a snake or not! (But she did indeed storm out!)
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
Genre: Comedy. Farce all the way.
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
The world can always use a few more good laughs.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
Two-word summary: Screwball comedy. Think I Love Lucy. Or Fawlty Towers.
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
The Third Man and The 39 Steps, one of the few Hitchcock films I really loved. Before I started writing, I read the screenplay and realized it was all about the writing(and Hitch married the screenwriter).
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
This one, just a weekend, because it was practically a transcription of the facts. (But a lot of tiny revisions)
7. How many stories have you written?
Four feature-length and five or six shorts.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the
most times in your life?)
Favorite song: Desafinado, and Bossa Nova in general.
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
Obstacles: Poor organization. Too often I start writing based on an idea without having the end in sight- and so I have some scripts in complete limbo. I need to think the whole thing out, make a proper outline, learn to create storyboards, etc.
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
A snake’s on the loose in Mike Turner’s new house and his wife is really freaking out!
Pam: Katelyn Varadi
Narration: Elizabeth Rose Morriss
Mike: Sean Ballantyne
Ross: Ted Powers