Matthew Toffolo: What is the theme of your poem?
Jason Yearick: The chaotic nature of thoughts, images, and ideas being forced into linear time, expectation versus actualization and the mutability of the abstract molded into a concrete form.
2) What motivated you to write this poem?
The need to write despite not having the time I wanted to do so. I thought and still do, that I’m not the only person who wants more time to write, so I wrote this piece. If I didn’t write the piece all of the words, images and ideas flowing into me would just pour out and be lost. This piece was written to encourage other artists to create in spite of their circumstances. For good or bad.
3) How long have you been writing poetry?
Over 20 years.
4) If you could have dinner with one person (dead or alive), who would that be?
5) What influenced you to submit to have your poetry performed by a professional actor?
When I first started writing poetry it was all for the spoken word. I’ve been the only poet to read my work. I thought it would be cool to hear someone else read it.
6) Do you write other works? scripts? Short Stories? Etc..?
I write articles, analytical pieces and whatever comes to mind. I have some rough draft screenplays and such sitting around.
7) What is your passion in life?
I am passionate about my role in God’s plan for humanity, writing and encouraging people to speak life one another.
Watch the Poetry Reading:
Performed by Carina Cojeen