Matthew Toffolo: What is your screenplay about?
Jerry Kokich: It’s a parody/homage to the greatest TV show, ever, DOCTOR WHO.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
Comedy, sci-fi, parody, web series, British TV.
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
Well, I’ll be making it into an episode of the series, but if someone wants to throw some feature money my way, I wouldn’t say no!
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
Casablanca, although every holiday season, Holiday Inn gives it a run for its money.
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
I’ve been working on the series, on and off, for a few years.
7. How many stories have you written?
Dozens, including novels, short stories, screenplays, and articles on low budget filmmaking.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
None, really. I know that sounds bold, but I’m such a DOCTOR WHO fan, that it came pretty easily.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Ballet (I was a dancer), reading, many things. There’s a saying that the way you do one thing is the way you do everything. I do everything with passion!
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
I recommend FilmFreeway to everyone! It makes finding and submitting to festivals so easy! In addition, if you start a submission but, for some reason, don’t complete it right then, FF will send you reminders when deadlines approach.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
I love the Wildsound gang, and have always received spot on critiques from them.
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
Unique Agent – David Jackson
Major General – Neil Bennett
NARRATION – Krista Barzso
Emily – Rebecca MacDonald
Leslie – Tracy Rowland