Matthew Toffolo: What is your screenplay about?
Ronald Sandoval: A small secluded group home of boys with an array of developmental disabilities, transverse a world affected by social, economic, and government collapse after their caregiver dies. A world inhospitable to the community the boys represent, allies are few and far in between.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
In general, communities such as these are largely unrepresented and are provided token subsistence support. In times of social, economic, and government turmoil, they are often one of the hardest hit and one of the least thought of communities.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
My initial draft was written in 30 hours. After touch-ups, additions, and removals, approximately 50-60 hours.
7. How many stories have you written?
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
I actually tried to write this screenplay several years ago. Unfortunately, negative criticism drove me to abandon the project. It wasn’t until about 2 years ago when criticism was thrown to the wind, the screenplay became a reality. This taught me a valuable lesson, don’t let anyone drive you away from your goals that keep you up at night, you’ll be leaving opportunity on the table every time.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
FilmFreeway is an excellent site that consolidates great festivals and contests for your convenience. I will continue using this platform for this reason.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival?
What were your feelings
on the initial feedback, you received? The initial feedback I received was very positive, I knew I was on to something. Validation was at hand, but by the time it had come around I was already satisfied with the results and myself.
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
Nurse 2 – Rebecca MacDonald
Robert (60s) – Neil Bennett
NARRATION – Krista Barzso
Charlie – Marcus Bernacci
Nurse 1 – Tracy Rowland
Peter – David Jackson