EPIPHANY played to rave reviews at the November 2019 Under 5 Minute Film Festival in Toronto.
Matthew Toffolo: What motivated you to make this film?
Luai Akl: I always wanted to talk about drug addicts and the childhood, So i decided to talk about both and how everything is connected somehow
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this short?
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
Let’s say “Organized chaos”!
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
I’d say the actors, because they’re my friends not actors and that was the 1st time they stand in front of a camera.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
Amazing to be honest, such a beautiful feeling that your film is screening in a different continent and you are listening to the audience’s feedback.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. How did you come up with the idea for this short film?
As i said before, it was something that i wanted to talk about from a long time a go, and i had the chance.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Not a specific one, i am open to any kind of art and with any good story.
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway, what are you feelings of the submission platform from a filmmaker’s perspective?
I think it was a good experience, much more easier.
9. What song have you listened to the most times in your life?
I think Comfortably Numb – Pink Floyd
10. What is next for you? A new film?
Yep, i am writing a new one these days.