Matthew Toffolo: What is your screenplay about?
Arturo Portillo: My screenplay, AMONG US, is about a group of people who are forced to come together to fight an unspeakable horror that has invaded their small Nebraskan town. A horror that permeates from within human flesh!
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
Horror, Mystery, Thriller, Suspense, Action, and Creature-Feature sub-genre
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
Because it is a fun ride from beginning to end. The audience will not really have a chance to feel safe. They’re part of the survivors rooting the characters on. If you like the movie’s The Thing, The Blob, Tremors, and Slither, my screenplay AMONG US will surely be right up there with them.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
7. How many stories have you written?
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the
most times in your life?
The song I’ve listened to the most times is FM-84 – Running In The Night (feat. Ollie Wride)
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
Finding the time to sit down and just write.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Filmmaking and drawing/painting
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your
experiences working with the submission platform site?
FilmFreeway is such an easy way to navigate and easy to upload. I’ll keep
using that medium to submit my projects.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings
on the initial feedback you received?
I wanted to see my writing come to life. To see how others interpret my material.
My initial feeling was being surprised about how the actors interpreted my characters.
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
Cash: Trevor Howes
Teller: Wilfred Lee
Narrator: Val Cole
Bunny: Mercedez De Castro
Sandy: Veronika Gribanova
Bum: Ted Powers