ENJOY? played to rave reviews at the first ever Chicago FEEDBACK Film Festival in September 2019.
Matthew Toffolo: What motivated you to make this film?
Scott Meyers: My motivation for making this short was. I was in film school and
watching the youth be scammed from the American education system. Its
still bugs me that we have to put a price on education in the good old
US of A. Now I have a degree in film with a $50,000 cloud over my
head. I knew what I was getting into. I just saw 18-20 years olds,
blind to the ways of student finical. Including soldiers with PTSD
looking to get back into school. I added that part into the short
because, one of my friend who returned from Iran. All of these student
finical loans he applied for had crazy % rates. Thank God for his wife
reading over the paper work before he signed.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this short?
It took about a month of research before I wrote Enjoy?For the
filming part, it took about 4 hours to shoot. That’s about all the
time the school would let us film in that room.
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Well, the day of shooting my producer didn’t show nor my A.D. SoI
had to think of 30 different thing at once. I’m not kidding neither.
30 things. I had a couple of drinks after that shoot. The day of shoot
I was told that I lost the room.That made my heart skip a beat. But
this what you signed up for.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I thought the feedback was useful.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. How did you come up with the idea for this short film?
I came up with the idea while watching Pink Floyd’s The Wall and
Brazil. I also wanted to leave in the continuity errors in. I wanted
to have the viewer always coming back to the title. Do you really
enjoy this? Any film maker watching this is going to count the
mistakes. I wanted to mess with peoples heads on this short. It’s one
of those that you have to watch twice I feel.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway, what are you feelings of the submission platform from a filmmaker’s perspective?
I see it as a Big casino.
9. What song have you listened to the most times in your life?
Santana Soul Sacrifice from Woodstock.
10. What is next for you? A new film?
We just rapped up Mic Check another comedy short. We’re in pre-
production for Death Weather and Sports which hopefully will be
shooting in Oct.