Matthew Toffolo: What is your screenplay about?
Marshall Ferrin: It is about a brilliant and driven French revolutionary who the ability to write a new chapter in his country’s rich history. But what begins as a battle for liberty, equality, and fraternity, becomes a vindictive quest for supremacy, power and money.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
It is actually an Episode, in a VOD mini-series. It should be made into a video film, as a “calling card” to attract the production of the other four episodes.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
This Episode, five months.
7. How many stories have you written?
Five, working on six.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the
most times in your life?)
Turn, Turn, Turn
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
A general bias towards the HIstorical Drama genre, compared to other genres e.g. Horror and Science Fictioin
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Sailing on my yacht in the Caribbean
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your
experiences working with the submission platform site?
Very good, no complaints,
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings
on the initial feedback you received?
I believed it had an international focus or outreach.
The feed back on my script was a variance on the dozen or so sets of script notes I have received from other readers. Your festival notes were the most critical.
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
This is the story of Georges Danton leading up to his execution.
NARRATION – DIANA FRANZ
Marat – 1 – GENE ABELA
St Just – 1 – THOMAS FOURMIER
Robespierre – 11 – SEAN BALLANTYNE
Reblogged this on WILDsound Festival.