Matthew Toffolo: What is your screenplay about?
Fujio Torikai: A lonely, mixed-raced young man takes a test in order to win a life of luxury. He must compete against the successor to the throne and a NASA astronaut. He is successful in passing the test, but it turns out to be a trap set up by a secret international organization.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
This script is based upon my experience
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
7. How many stories have you written?
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the
most times in your life?)
Fleet Wood Mac Dream
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
The inspiration was based on my parents and their story, as well as my personal experiences.The character of Jack that appears in this script is modeled after me.
That is why I had suffered greatly from hearing with my ears, the sounds of footsteps and windows opening caused by the housing residents (though not necessarily like the 2nd floor residents written in the script ).
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
The death of my mother
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your
experiences working with the submission platform site?
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings
on the initial feedback you received?
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
Old Woman/Maggie – 3 – OLIVIA BARRETT
Man/Pat – 8 – JUSTIN DESOUZA
NARRATION – ETHEL ABRAY
An Old Man/Abraham – 19 – TED POWERS
Young Guy/Jack – 24 – DANIEL JONES
Pretty Girl – 1 – CASSANDRA GUTHRIE