Matthew Toffolo: What is your screenplay about?
Devone Jones: The screenplay is about when a date to the museum turns into a high stake drawing contest for a young artist and the girl of his dreams, it’s Pen and Pencil to the rescue.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
The genres in the screenplay are comedy, romance and drama.
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
This screenplay would become an animated short film that has comedy, drama, love and conflict.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
Pen & Pencil has a lot of creative flair.
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
I’ve watched “Who Framed Roger Rabbit” a lot when I was younger.
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
I’ve been working on this project for three years now.
7. How many stories have you written?
So far, I’ve written four stories.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the
most times in your life?)
Through the wire by Kanye West is one of my favorite songs.
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
I started this project in San Diego California. I have relocated to Denver Colorado and now reside in Orlando Florida. The biggest obstacle would be moving around, but the journey has been worth it.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Besides writing, I’m passionate about directing, producing and acting.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your
experiences working with the submission platform site?
FilmFreeway is a great submission platform. I submit all my projects through them and the experiences have been wonderful.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings
on the initial feedback you received?
My professors and peers have influenced my festival submissions. The feedback have been so helpful. I grow every time I receive feedback.
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
Randall – 9 – DANIEL JONES
Pencil – 10 – TED POWERS
NARRATION – ETHEL ABRAY
Peter – 18 – JUSTIN DESOUZA
Samantha – 21 – CASSANDRA GUTHRIE
Coordinator – 9 – OLIVIA BARRETT