Matthew Toffolo: What is your screenplay about?
Randall Talton: Here is the logline: Logline: When his former lover is in danger of being deported, a successful family man must confront the consequences of the mistakes he made in his past.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
This speaks to various elements prevalent in today’s society. Race Bias, Lust above Love. A ma’s weakness and Women’s strength.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
Off and on for a few years
7. How many stories have you written?
5 screenplays. Several short stories and an unfinished novel
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
Wow, that’s a tough for me. I will move from Maxwell to Nick Drake, to Grand Nubian to Chet Baker to Aretha to Judy Collins to Prince….you get the point
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
Working on other projects
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
It’s been wonderful. I’ve had no issues.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
This is a wonderful way to get your work out there amongst other artist
I can tell by the feedback that they really took time to read and evaluate my manuscript. I couldn’t thank you enough
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
In this scene Elliott, overcome with guilt, has a dream about the child he abandoned. Anais, the child’s Mother offers no sympathy
NARRATION – KAT SMILEY
Elliot – STEPHEN SANDQUIST
Anais – JESSICA BOWMER