Matthew Toffolo: What is your screenplay about?
Kristina Rezek:Your Roaring Twenties offers a fun and original take on a classic story of someone finding themselves after suffering a devastating breakup.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
Romantic Comedy (Yay Rom-coms!)
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
I believe Your Roaring Twenties should be made into a film because of its universal message of allowing yourself to be okay with falling in love. Whether it’s your first time falling in love, or your twentieth, it’s always a beautiful thing.
Also, as noted above, yay for romantic comedies :)! It is my (unofficial) mission to get more rom-coms onto the big screen.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
Lighthearted & Relatable
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
She’s the Man starring Amanda Bynes & Channing Tatum
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
Approximately 8 months
7. How many stories have you written?
Your Roaring Twenties is my first full-length spec script 🙂
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
Currently, you can find me jamming out to “That’s What I Like” by Bruno Mars
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
Initially, I had trouble omitting scenes that were irrelevant to the story’s plot. They were fun to write, but ultimately, those omitted scenes were interfering with the pacing of the story, so I had to “kill my darlings”.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Playing (and winning in) Monopoly, or any other board/card game
Sports (Go Cleveland Browns)
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
FilmFreeway is extremely user-friendly. I’m not too tech savvy, but FilmFreeway is pretty straight forward with the submission process. I enjoy the platform.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
I entered the festival because I appreciated the festival’s aim in showcasing LGBTQ+ stories and increasing media representation for diverse communities.
I was extremely pleased with the encouraging and well-thought-out feedback I received. Everyone involved with the feedback process was professional, friendly and highly supportive.
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
Life, love, and insurmountable student debt. Welcome to your twenties, folks!
Tyler – SARAH-HAZEN BASK
NARRATION – STEPHEN SANDQUIST
Jada – JESSICA BOWMER
Bianca – KAT SMILEY