MR. E, P I played to rave reviews at the December 2018 Sci-Fi/Fantasy Festival in Toronto.
Matthew Toffolo: What motivated you to make this film?
George A. Velez: I wanted to make a film in a very fun genre that everyone is
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this short?
From idea to finished product, I would say the project took around 10 months.
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
I would say the short is fun and heartfelt.
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
The biggest obstacle was trying to film the whole short in a day. We succeeded but what a challenge.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
It was surreal to hear people talking about my short because the only feedback I’ve gotten was from my peers. It was great to hear the audience and their interpretations because it’s interesting to hear what people get out of the experience.
6. How did you come up with the idea for this short film?
The short was originally part of a larger piece and I really wanted to see this world and these characters in a physical space.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
There’s so many but possibly “Jaws”
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway, what are you feelings of the submission platform from a filmmaker’s perspective?
Applying to FilmFreeway has been a positive influence for the most part. It’s easy to navigate and very in-depth.
9. What song have you listened to the most times in your life?
“Purple Rain” by Prince
10. What is next for you? A new film?
I’m currently finishing two feature film scripts and in pre-production for my next short, Eavesdroppng.