Matthew Toffolo: What is your screenplay about?
James Zeankowski: Detective Robby Banks, in possession of a supernatural gift of self hypnotic telepathy, uses said gift to find missing persons and their captors.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
Supernatural Crime Drama for Television
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
Two elements that the public enjoys: The Supernatural and crime suspense.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
There are so many to name. I have very eclectic tastes in this regard. All kinds of genres.
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
A few months. Altogether, I have spent nearly 5 years writing scripts.
7. How many stories have you written?
I’ve completed a total of 4, including Mind Force. One story I had to chuck because of too many rewrites and never getting any traction going on it.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the
most times in your life?)
Has Anyone Ever Written Anything For You? by Stevie Nicks. My musical muse and metaphorical fairy godmother.
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
With all of my scripts, writing them has been the easy part. Getting them marketed correctly and breaking out to get any of them green lit by Hollywood is the biggest obstacle. Trying to find ways to get through the red tape.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
All things sports, entertainment, and politics/current affairs. I’m a journalism student by trade, so I tend to be a bit of a news junkie. If it’s trending, I’m usually one of the first to know about it.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your
experiences working with the submission platform site?
This is my first time with it, and I’m hoping it helps in getting me discovered.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings
on the initial feedback you received?
I am a tad constructively critical of those doing the reading. However, I’m not a picky individual, so we’ll see if it leads to more.
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
Detective Robby Banks uses his self hypnotic telepathy powers to find missing persons and their captors.
Chief Mackenzie – 5 – PETER NELSON
Cop – 3 – KYANA TERESA
Narration – PAOLA SCATTOLON
Robby – 22 – NICK DOLAN
Marty – 21 – ADRIAN CARLOS CARTER