LITEFEET TOKYO played to rave reviews at the November 2018 Experimental FEEDBACK Film Festival in Toronto.
Matthew Toffolo: What motivated you to make this film?
Stéphane Benini: The passion to meet new dancers, discover the litefeet scene in Japan andf filming in Tokyo with friends.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this short?
I had the idea two days before the shoot, the shoot was 2h30 and i edit it three days later.
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
Postitive mood 🙂
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Nothing really, everything was quite simple and very friendly.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
That’s the first time i see reactions from my film, it’s very interesting and emotional to see other people react to your work.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. How did you come up with the idea for this short film?
I start filming Litefeet dancing in NYC in 2015 and they told me that they was others dancers in japan, when i had teh chance to go there i wanted to meet them and that’s it.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway, what are you feelings of the submission platform from a filmmaker’s perspective?
Very easy, simple and such a great help for indie filmakers.
9. What song have you listened to the most times in your life?
The Great Gig in the Sky.
10. What is next for you? A new film?
A boxe project in Congo.