Matthew Toffolo: What is your screenplay about?
Steve Feld: Finding love in the most unexpected places, with the most unexpected person and the most unexpected gender.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
Comedy, Romance, RomCom
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
It’s a love story and a comedy. Who doesn’t love those kinds of movies.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
Labor (of) love
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
7. How many stories have you written?
Started when I was 4. Too many to count.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
Clair de Lune
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
My fingers couldn’t keep up with my brain.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
My family and my dogs.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
Nothing but positive.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
Wanted to get feedback from professionals. Very happy with the feedback.
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
Hard-ass tabloid reporter Lacey Stevens has the scoop of the year when she finds a reclusive superstar diva who’s been in hiding for years. But before she can expose her, Lacey and the star fall in love, creating an even more sensational story. It’s a modern take on It Happened One Night for a new generation.
Anna: Rachel Salsberg
Kelly: Nancy Kenny
Harvey: Jarrod Terrill
Narrator: Elizabeth Rose Morriss
Security Guard: Kirk Gordon
Drunk Woman: Gauri Prasad
Max: Rhys Harrison