Submit exclusively via FilmFreeway:
Matthew Toffolo: What is your screenplay about?
Charzette Torrence & Danielle Johnson: This inspirational story is based loosely on Charzette Torrence life and the stages that she took to find her true self. It is a dramatic series examining one woman’s inner turmoil when confronted with her own sexuality. Jillian struggles to reconcile her feelings, seemingly attracted to both men and women and unsure of where her true love really lies. She faces challenges from family, friends, and church members. As she becomes a lesbian in the African American community. Once Jillian comes out as a lesbian. How does she navigate and understand the gay community and the issue that affect the community? Also, will she find love? Jillian wants to understand what will truly make her happy. But mainly she seeks to explore her hidden nagging feeling of “I am a closet Lesbian?” Jillian pursues her truth in New York. She lives with Gail, her best friend from college, a self-assured lesbian who challenges Jillian’s ideas and beliefs about herself and her life.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
Drama, Family, Love, Self-Discover, and Acceptance
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
JILLIAN’S PEAK is told in 15-18 minutes episodic series increments over 12 episodes first season.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
Dramatic, and Inspirational.
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
I look at a lot of movies. Then I critic them from a viewer point.
My favorite now is Black Panther and Wonder Woman. Danielle like Stars Wars and War movie.
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
We have been working on the screenplay for seven 8 Years
7. How many stories have you written?
This is Danielle and I first but we have written 12 episodes
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
Our Favorite songs are Minnie Riperton – Loving you, and Steve wonder- The Songs of the Key of Life .
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
Funding to hire a crew to film. Also, finding and literary agent network to put it on television or steaming service, like Netflix, hula or Amazon .
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
My art Prevalent I got accepted in Art Basel This year as raising artist with Spectrum in
Miami. FL Dec 5-9
Danelle is passionate about her music
11. You entered your screenplay via Film Freeway. What has been your experiences working with the Film Freeway submission platform site?.
I love Film Freeway. It is very easy to use
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
To change the way the world think about African American Lesbian and the LGBTQI culture. By show the world who we are. Also, to get the script out in the industry. So that It can be film for television or steaming platform. Your feedback was excellent It help us to improve our script. Thanks
Jillian Thomas an African American woman who is afraid of marrying a man. Because deep down inside she knows the truth that is a lesbian. She has been struggling with the truth for years that she is gay.
Keith: Kevin Gabel
Sherry: Regan Brown
Narrator: Hartley O. Gyamfi
Jillian: Georgia Grant
Gail: Ariel Brooker
Reblogged this on WILDsound Festival.