Matthew Toffolo: What is your screenplay about?
Robert David Simpson: It’s about Aliens finding a satellite from Earth, a record, and music and then going to Earth to seek out the musician- Chuck Berry and bring him back.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
We all need a good laugh and kids may like it also and…it promotes outer space discoveries.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
Probably – ‘ 2001 Space Oddessy’
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
Several days while in the hospital
7. How many stories have you written?
One book and eight scripts in the last year.
8. What is your favourite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
‘ ‘It’s a Beautiful World’ by ‘ Louise Armstrong
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
So far, so good.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
Influence? I am now 69 yrs of age and at that age, one wonders how much time one has left, so I did my best to write eight different genres in one year and entered them into eight different Festivals earlier this year.
In 1970,a NASA satellite,’Voyager 1′,was shot into space and in 2017 lands on planet X68 in Andromeda star system. Small humanoids,living there, go ecstatic apon hearing a recorded version of Chuck Berry music, found on a record within the satellite. They decide to head out to find this human and bring him home to teach them more! The hunt starts!
Taro: Kevin Gabel
Supreme Leader: Allen Michael Brunet
Narrator: Regan Brown
Nori: Ariel Brooker
Yoo: Georgia Grant
Uzu: Hartley O. Gyamfi