THE OUTER BOROUGHS played to rave reviews at the August 2018 COMEDY Film Festival in Toronto.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
I’ve been making the series as a low budget web-series. I wanted to make something bigger to show off the concept. I tried to make an episode about a creature that lived in the toxic waters of an EPA superfund site in Brooklyn but it was too expensive. So an episode about Witches was easier to make.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you
to make this short?
It’ probably took about a year.
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Working around everyone’s schedules.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking
about your film in the feedback video?
Terrified but then relieved and happy.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. How did you come up with the idea for this short film?
My friend pitched me a witches episode after I could not raise the money for the Creature from the Gowanus Canal episode.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Back to the Future
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway, what are you feelings
of the submission platform from a filmmaker’s perspective?
I like Film Freeway. I find it better to use than Without A Box.
9. What song have you listened to the most times in your life?
A toss up between Weird Al’s “It’s Christmas at Ground Zero” and “Yoda”.
10. What is next for you? A new film?
Remastering an old film for Amazon Prime called “Armageddon for Andy”. Then writing. I’m broke and paying off this thing so it’s tough to make anything.