Matthew Toffolo: What is your screenplay about?
Rodrigo Juatco: At the heart of “Hero of Heroes” is the value of honor. It is a true-warrior’s moral compass, what separates them from renegades and cut-throats. Without it, they are lost.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
In terms of visuals alone, this movie would look amazing on screen. The action sequences are fast-paces and exciting. Moreover, anyone who enjoys an old-school martial arts film, in the tradition of “Shogun Assassin” and “Crouching Tiger hidden Dragon,” would absolutely love this movie.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
This is a hard one. So many favorites. But it would have to be “Enter the Dragon.”
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
About a year and a half.
7. How many stories have you written?
I have written 5 screenplays, and about a dozen short stories.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
The theme song to “Braveheart.” There is something so haunting, melancholy, yet at the same time, moving and uplifting about it. Definitely strums the heart strings.
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
Trying to find the time to write while working two jobs. LOL. Good thing I am a Supervisor in one of my jobs. That way I can sneak away from time to time to work on my screenplay. Just don’t tell my manager.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Martial Arts. Though I haven’t had time to practice seriously for a very long time.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
I am so glad I found FilmFreeway. Can’t say enough good things.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
I actually found this platform by accident. Gotta hand it to serendipity.
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
The Hero of Heroes is an action/adventure story about Wu Tao, who along with an army of elite fighters (Terracon Warriors) is presumed dead in the War of the Wastelands. Until years later, a lone warrior (Wu Tao) emerges from the Wastelands carrying a message regarding the ill-fated demise of the Terracon. Wu finds himself on a road of vengeance. Standing in his way are assassins (The Brotherhood of Shadows), mercenary Conquistadors armed with Muskets and Cannons, and a powerful, embittered brother (Lord Ging) who is hell-bent on stopping Wu and putting an end to his legend once and for all.
Lord Wen – Geoff Mays
Lady Pura – Katelyn Varadi
Narration – Sean Ballantyne
Ping – Shawn Devlin
Wu – Omar Aufi
Marah – Katelyn Varadi