Matthew Toffolo: What is your novel about?
Glenn Parris: High concept science fiction novel about an archeologist whose people ruled Earth during the time of the dinosaurs returns to find her world of origin over run by mammals.
2. What genres would you say this story is in?
Alternative history science fiction, space opera. Political science fiction.
3. How would you describe this story in two words?
Imperialism and Class-ism.
4. What movie have you seen the most in your life?
5. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
A House is not a Home, by Luther Vandross.
6. Do you have an all-time favorite novel?
7. What motivated you to write this story?
What would it look like if a new political entity mounted an incursion inside of Earth’s orbit? What if these visitors treated the most powerful nation on Earth like primitive squatters?
8. If you could have dinner with one person (dead or alive), who would that be?
George R. R. Martin.
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
10. What influenced you to enter your story to get performed?
I think it’s a compelling story that will make people think from new perspectives.
11. Any advice or tips you’d like to pass on to other writers?
Don’t wait for permission, publish your best work when you think it’s ready.
Performed by Val Cole